Samsung Galaxy S2 Power and Volume Button Repair i9100 HD   MobileRepairDirect
Samsung Galaxy S2 Power and Volume Button Repair i9100 HD MobileRepairDirect
How to turn on the Samsung Galaxy S2 without the power button
How to turn on the Samsung Galaxy S2 without the power button
How to repair a broken Samsung Galaxy S2 charging port
How to repair a broken Samsung Galaxy S2 charging port
Samsung T989 Galaxy S2 brick power repair by JTAG in Toronto
Samsung T989 Galaxy S2 brick power repair by JTAG in Toronto
How to Easily Fix Defective Power Switch/Button (Boot Loop/No Boot) on the Samsung Galaxy S3
How to Easily Fix Defective Power Switch/Button (Boot Loop/No Boot) on the Samsung Galaxy S3
How To Unbrick Samsung Galaxy S2 / S II T989 T-Mobile Phone
How To Unbrick Samsung Galaxy S2 / S II T989 T-Mobile Phone
How To Fix a Constantly Rebooting / Restarting Samsung Smartphone
How To Fix a Constantly Rebooting / Restarting Samsung Smartphone
How to Turn your Galaxy s2 without power button
How to Turn your Galaxy s2 without power button
Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 (T989. I727. I727R) - JTAG Service (Debricking/Unbrick/Brick FIX)
Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 (T989. I727. I727R) - JTAG Service (Debricking/Unbrick/Brick FIX)
Samsung Galaxy S 2 Dissassembly and screen repair
Samsung Galaxy S 2 Dissassembly and screen repair
How to replace Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 Screen Assembly by Durapower Global
How to replace Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 Screen Assembly by Durapower Global
Samsung Galaxy S2 Disassembly//Take Apart/Tear Down Tutorials
Samsung Galaxy S2 Disassembly//Take Apart/Tear Down Tutorials
SOLUTION: Galaxy S3/S4.S5. Note. Tabs ALL Samsungs (not Booting Up? Keeps Rebooting? Not turning on?
SOLUTION: Galaxy S3/S4.S5. Note. Tabs ALL Samsungs (not Booting Up? Keeps Rebooting? Not turning on?
galaxy s2 USB/charging port replacement
galaxy s2 USB/charging port replacement
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Home Button Repair
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Home Button Repair
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II T989 - JTAG Service (Debricking/Unbrick/Brick FIX)
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II T989 - JTAG Service (Debricking/Unbrick/Brick FIX)
How to turn on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 without the power button
How to turn on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 without the power button
Samsung Galaxy S2 Charging Paused Voltage Too High Fix
Samsung Galaxy S2 Charging Paused Voltage Too High Fix
Samsung Galaxy S2 disassembly for repair
Samsung Galaxy S2 disassembly for repair
Samsung Galaxy S2 Repair Screen HD i9100  MobileRepairDirect
Samsung Galaxy S2 Repair Screen HD i9100 MobileRepairDirect
Samsung galaxy S2 T mobile version sgh-t989 review
Samsung galaxy S2 T mobile version sgh-t989 review
Repairing Galaxy Nexus Power Button
Repairing Galaxy Nexus Power Button

Did this video help you?

unknownally: I can't find solder paste anywhere. I bought one from eBay and it says solder paste flux. Everytime I look, flux. Help!

tko: hi brother i go probleme my phone galaxy s2 t989 the phone sontime go of by it self and staring vibration and go i puch the button it tray to go on and go of ogain and sond time puch the button it go on can you hell what it the probleme ok t you

spinn360: Hi Steve, First thanks for the video! Second, I just received the switch from you I ordered on eBay but when I compare it to the existing switch, the one you sent me is larger and the points don't match up to the board correctly like in this video. I am going to send you an ebay message, but it seems to be possibly the wrong switch. It says 4.75 mm on the package. 

Vasily Suslov: Hi, are you still offering the repair service? The listing on Ebay for it is inactive.

Saad Salman Zia: Where are you located in IL? I opened mine up but I don't have soldering tools to put in a new switch.

Son Goku: I also have another question. My brothers phone has a problem with his charging port. I saw your listing and you mentioned it. Could you please describe the issue? And what caused it?

David Miranda: Seen you refurbish galaxys want to buy mine? It has the power button problem

Mayling Chen: I got a question is my motherboard broken or is there something else wrong on my Samsung galaxy s2 cause it was having all those symptoms that you said. I took it apart kinda used some tools to see if I could just tighten the power button but now the power button is completely dead do you know what I can do cause I took it to the nearest repair place they put on a new button but it still doesn't work but free of charge to me 

Son Goku: thanks man I just purchased the service. Now I just gotta send it in

Anil Philip: Steve, I have a T989 S2 with these symptoms. Can I drop off the phone? I live in Palatine IL.

bathingape915: Great video. Highly respectable that you would share a full tutorial video for the average diy-er that might not be able to afford to take it to a professional. I was looking for ways to just reassign the button to one of the volume buttons but came across this. I was wondering if a general heat gun would work in place of the hot air reflow.

Nabil Merhby: +steverrada I just had this problem and I found your video the best in terms of explication and simplicity. I am now using my volume buttons to turn on/off my device this repair u are doing is amazing but I need an easier one with less equipment u know ... something someone at home can do

Nophel Farret: Do you still do repairs on the galaxy s2 via ebay?

tko: athing it that now work and some time go of ogaing by self and whend i put to chayer it go on ogaing t you brother i go to check thad

Daniel Bishop: I have a faulty power button on a Galaxy S4 and want to make sure I the replacement correctly have you replaced any of those?

tony BORICUA: Hello! What size of switch for galaxy s2 tmobile ?

Aldrick Castro: i dont have the air flow machine or solder paste, just regular soldering iron and solder, can this still be done?

Derek Schoen: What would happen if you applied too much heat and any 2 of the 5 solder joints/pads mixed? That would cause a problem, right?

Steve Anh Tuan Pham: If we send it to steve to fix, do we need to buy the power button and equipment too? Or do we just send in our phone. 

connor1186: What temp do you run your hot air station at?

Eder Diaz: Hi, I am going to buy a 852d hot station, could you tell me what temperature level do I need to setup and what air level, please, I bought this smartphone with this problem, and I am looking to learn, well, thanks in advance. Eder.

Jimmie King: Good job, but WHY run the Music in background-? Tech Videos are just that and not Music Videos, and the Music takes from the Videos. Thanks and God Bless, Jimmie

Arpan Upadhyaya: +steverrada my phone has got somewhat different problem. after i switch on my phone, it restarts again and again. first it shows samsung logo, then galaxy s2 logo. and again it restarts... how can i solve this problem?

andrew lillard: I just did the squeze fix on mine, it seams to be working but the button is VERY touchy. I may be sending my phone your way soon

Dane Kerr: what is the purpose of the 3 caps/chips beside the power button, i think i damaged mines

ziad jarawan: all your symptoms happened with my phone before i did this: I hit the side of my t-989 in the table "gently". firmly pressed on the on/off switch for several times! then tapped it a little then BAMM here goes it worked. 

wobririck: Hey Steve, I tried a needle nose trick on my d710, and couldnt get it to work. After about 20 different squeezes the power switch just popped off...oops. After watching this, Im afraid I may have damaged those tiny little components you mentioned. What do you think? Would you still be able to repair? If you want pics or something, let me know and I could pop it open. Great video, and seems like a great service you are offering from the comments on your ebay store! 

novafreak69: I have found it much easier to mount the switch first by putting a small amount of solder paste on the little pads on the outboard side of the board and the mounting holes and heat that to mount the switch , THEN add a small amount of solder paste to the backside of the switch and board on the three spots. then heat that solder. 

Elias Martinez: Hey Steve thanks for your guide on replacing the power switch. I have a question concerning the installing a new power switch. What would be the cause of the power switch to not power up the phone if the three passive components are still on the board? I replaced a switch the first time and it did work however the switch went bad shortly after being to sensitive and I am on my second installment of a new switch. I guess my question to you is would the switch not work properly if the solder connection is not made properly? I plug the phone in and the phone charges and display does work I just can not power up the device. I am holding off till you get back to me also if you have information that helps me I will make a $10.00 donation to your pay pal. 

Ojas Patel: Does anyone know how well of a job he does fixing it if you have sent in your phone for repair?

GSMILEntertainment: My phone is just like that. =( Please fix my phone. 

tbobreak: hi steve, i give away the gold paths, so i try to look for continuity points, so i find one, thas correspond to the pin next to two components , i guess tha are 2 resistors, so left de other, can you help me? 

Spadejoker: Do you think its possible to remove and the power switch with a conventional heat gun on low setting- 400c? Ive seen other people do it on the s3 but the s3 doesnt have the small tiny capacitor nearby as on the s2. Even if i shield them and the rest of the components its possible it will still be too hot and melt off. My solder tips are too wide and it would be impossible not to touch the nearby components. 

marcos lopez: Ok so I have a galaxy s2 from virgin mobile and I attempted to fix to lock button by squeezing it with plyers and it broke off you think that it is still fixable if I pay you to fix it? Thank you And will it still be $34.99??

SnakeFist: hey steve, when reflowing on a really temperamental area like this, what is a safe air-heat ratio?

Darby Alvarado: I don't have the necessary tools nor the patience of a saint like you do :-). Do you provide repair services!? And if so how can I contact you other than through youtube. Great job by the way and thanks

Sean Allman: For some reason my solder paste will not turn silver and shiny when applying the heat in place on the board. It's turning a dull grey and then nothing happens. I shoot the air at the paste else where and it melts and turns shiny, what's going on here?

iluudrizzydrakee: Can I use any of these solder paste? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-H20-4-oz-Water-Soluble-Solder-Paste-Flux-30131/100135474#.Ut3UoJ4o7Dc http://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-H-20-1-7-oz-Water-Soluble-Solder-Paste-Flux-301302/100177185# http://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-1-7-oz-Water-Soluble-Solder-Paste-301402/100157093#.Ut3Um54o7Dc 

kotsios photiades: is that power button switch the same with the galaxy s3? Is that possible to replace it with soldering iron??

Ivan Arias: +steverrada which solder paste can i use to perform this?

Cui Haosheng: Steve just fixed my phone! The repair was quick and perfect. Highly recommended if you feel the process is too complicated. 

Hector Menendez: I want to fix mine but I'm from Ecuador and I hope you can help me answer as to possible

Victor Knighten: Steverrada thanks a lot for your guidance on how to change out the power button....I work in an instrumentation shop and I never new what the air solder gu could be used for(lol)......everything worked out awesome and it saved me a ton of money. once again thank you.

Jeremy Baybayan: First off, I love your video ! I am no tech genius like you but your video sure did inspire me to try to do it my self. I was wondering can I use this item from ebay for the water soluble flux ? Is this the same as your pen ? What do you recommend ? 1pc BGA SMD Soldering Paste Flux Grease RMA-223 10cc

Emmanuel Contreras: I'm having problems removing the solder from the little holes for the button I am using a 2mm solder wick, any suggestions? Thanks and great video!

Raul Ortega: I try to find u in ebay but i cant i need u to fix my cellphone becouse the other guys cant fix it 

Touge Evo: off-topic question: Is it possible to replace/detach this phone's sim tray ? or it has to be replaced as a whole.

German Enriquez: Where can I contact you to replace my?

xxhotelcrazyxx: Steve I need to have you install a new switch on my motherboard, but i need to explain a few things first, do you have a contact number i can call you at? its urgent and i dont want to lose all the photos and video of my baby that are on the internal memory. Thanks!
Rating:
Samsung Power Switch Repair Fix Replacement Galaxy S2 t989 4.8 out of 5

Featured Video

How to Insulate Walls

Samsung Power Switch Repair Fix Replacement Galaxy S2 t989