How to turn on the Samsung Galaxy S2 without the power button
How to turn on the Samsung Galaxy S2 without the power button
Galaxy S2 Repair Disassembly & Assembly   Screen Replacement
Galaxy S2 Repair Disassembly & Assembly Screen Replacement
How to repair a broken Samsung Galaxy S2 charging port
How to repair a broken Samsung Galaxy S2 charging port
How To Fix a Constantly Rebooting / Restarting Samsung Smartphone
How To Fix a Constantly Rebooting / Restarting Samsung Smartphone
Repair guide for changing Samsung Galaxy S2 charging port flex cable/disassembly video
Repair guide for changing Samsung Galaxy S2 charging port flex cable/disassembly video
Samsung Galaxy S 2 Dissassembly and screen repair
Samsung Galaxy S 2 Dissassembly and screen repair
Samsung Galaxy S2 Repair Screen HD i9100  MobileRepairDirect
Samsung Galaxy S2 Repair Screen HD i9100 MobileRepairDirect
How To Unbrick Samsung Galaxy S2 / S II T989 T-Mobile Phone
How To Unbrick Samsung Galaxy S2 / S II T989 T-Mobile Phone
SOLUTION: Galaxy S3/S4. ALL Samsungs (not Booting Up? Keeps Rebooting? Not turning on?
SOLUTION: Galaxy S3/S4. ALL Samsungs (not Booting Up? Keeps Rebooting? Not turning on?
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch - LCD and Screen Replacement
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch - LCD and Screen Replacement
Samsung Galaxy S2 Charging Paused Voltage Too High Fix
Samsung Galaxy S2 Charging Paused Voltage Too High Fix
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 Water Damaged Repair - Sankey
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 Water Damaged Repair - Sankey
Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 (T989. I727. I727R) - JTAG Service (Debricking/Unbrick/Brick FIX)
Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 (T989. I727. I727R) - JTAG Service (Debricking/Unbrick/Brick FIX)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Home Button Repair
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Home Button Repair
How to replace the fixed charging port
How to replace the fixed charging port
Samsung Galaxy S2 disassembly for repair
Samsung Galaxy S2 disassembly for repair
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 repair PART 2
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 repair PART 2
Samsung Galaxy s2 usb problem/fix
Samsung Galaxy s2 usb problem/fix

Did this video help you?

andrew lillard: I just did the squeze fix on mine, it seams to be working but the button is VERY touchy. I may be sending my phone your way soon

Nabil Merhby: +steverrada I just had this problem and I found your video the best in terms of explication and simplicity. I am now using my volume buttons to turn on/off my device this repair u are doing is amazing but I need an easier one with less equipment u know ... something someone at home can do

Eder Diaz: Hi, I am going to buy a 852d hot station, could you tell me what temperature level do I need to setup and what air level, please, I bought this smartphone with this problem, and I am looking to learn, well, thanks in advance. Eder.

Aldrick Castro: i dont have the air flow machine or solder paste, just regular soldering iron and solder, can this still be done?

tony BORICUA: Hello! What size of switch for galaxy s2 tmobile ?

Touge Evo: off-topic question: Is it possible to replace/detach this phone's sim tray ? or it has to be replaced as a whole.

Spadejoker: Do you think its possible to remove and the power switch with a conventional heat gun on low setting- 400c? Ive seen other people do it on the s3 but the s3 doesnt have the small tiny capacitor nearby as on the s2. Even if i shield them and the rest of the components its possible it will still be too hot and melt off. My solder tips are too wide and it would be impossible not to touch the nearby components. 

Raul Ortega: I try to find u in ebay but i cant i need u to fix my cellphone becouse the other guys cant fix it 

iluudrizzydrakee: Can I use any of these solder paste? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-H20-4-oz-Water-Soluble-Solder-Paste-Flux-30131/100135474#.Ut3UoJ4o7Dc http://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-H-20-1-7-oz-Water-Soluble-Solder-Paste-Flux-301302/100177185# http://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-1-7-oz-Water-Soluble-Solder-Paste-301402/100157093#.Ut3Um54o7Dc 

kotsios photiades: is that power button switch the same with the galaxy s3? Is that possible to replace it with soldering iron??

Ojas Patel: Does anyone know how well of a job he does fixing it if you have sent in your phone for repair?

Sean Allman: For some reason my solder paste will not turn silver and shiny when applying the heat in place on the board. It's turning a dull grey and then nothing happens. I shoot the air at the paste else where and it melts and turns shiny, what's going on here?

GSMILEntertainment: My phone is just like that. =( Please fix my phone. 

SnakeFist: hey steve, when reflowing on a really temperamental area like this, what is a safe air-heat ratio?

Derek Schoen: What would happen if you applied too much heat and any 2 of the 5 solder joints/pads mixed? That would cause a problem, right?

Emmanuel Contreras: I'm having problems removing the solder from the little holes for the button I am using a 2mm solder wick, any suggestions? Thanks and great video!

Jeremy Baybayan: First off, I love your video ! I am no tech genius like you but your video sure did inspire me to try to do it my self. I was wondering can I use this item from ebay for the water soluble flux ? Is this the same as your pen ? What do you recommend ? 1pc BGA SMD Soldering Paste Flux Grease RMA-223 10cc

Darby Alvarado: I don't have the necessary tools nor the patience of a saint like you do :-). Do you provide repair services!? And if so how can I contact you other than through youtube. Great job by the way and thanks

wobririck: Hey Steve, I tried a needle nose trick on my d710, and couldnt get it to work. After about 20 different squeezes the power switch just popped off...oops. After watching this, Im afraid I may have damaged those tiny little components you mentioned. What do you think? Would you still be able to repair? If you want pics or something, let me know and I could pop it open. Great video, and seems like a great service you are offering from the comments on your ebay store! 

Raul Ortega: Can u fix my galaxi s2 and how can i contac u

Vibhu Chaudhary: I have the same problem with my S3

DynaDomCOD4: I have these symptoms on my gs3. Samsung makes cheap phones

Daniel Bishop: I have a faulty power button on a Galaxy S4 and want to make sure I the replacement correctly have you replaced any of those?

German Enriquez: Where can I contact you to replace my?

Hudson Barry: Thank you for doing a good job replacing my i727 power switch. Now it works like it should. Keep up the good work.

marcos lopez: Ok so I have a galaxy s2 from virgin mobile and I attempted to fix to lock button by squeezing it with plyers and it broke off you think that it is still fixable if I pay you to fix it? Thank you And will it still be $34.99??

ziad jarawan: all your symptoms happened with my phone before i did this: I hit the side of my t-989 in the table "gently". firmly pressed on the on/off switch for several times! then tapped it a little then BAMM here goes it worked. 

carlito pv: good.. i need power botton

Elias Martinez: Hey Steve thanks for your guide on replacing the power switch. I have a question concerning the installing a new power switch. What would be the cause of the power switch to not power up the phone if the three passive components are still on the board? I replaced a switch the first time and it did work however the switch went bad shortly after being to sensitive and I am on my second installment of a new switch. I guess my question to you is would the switch not work properly if the solder connection is not made properly? I plug the phone in and the phone charges and display does work I just can not power up the device. I am holding off till you get back to me also if you have information that helps me I will make a $10.00 donation to your pay pal. 

Dane Kerr: what is the purpose of the 3 caps/chips beside the power button, i think i damaged mines

Victor Knighten: Steverrada thanks a lot for your guidance on how to change out the power button....I work in an instrumentation shop and I never new what the air solder gu could be used for(lol)......everything worked out awesome and it saved me a ton of money. once again thank you.

xxhotelcrazyxx: Steve I need to have you install a new switch on my motherboard, but i need to explain a few things first, do you have a contact number i can call you at? its urgent and i dont want to lose all the photos and video of my baby that are on the internal memory. Thanks!

Cui Haosheng: Steve just fixed my phone! The repair was quick and perfect. Highly recommended if you feel the process is too complicated. 

Hector Menendez: I want to fix mine but I'm from Ecuador and I hope you can help me answer as to possible

Ivan Arias: +steverrada which solder paste can i use to perform this?

novafreak69: I have found it much easier to mount the switch first by putting a small amount of solder paste on the little pads on the outboard side of the board and the mounting holes and heat that to mount the switch , THEN add a small amount of solder paste to the backside of the switch and board on the three spots. then heat that solder. 

Steve Anh Tuan Pham: If we send it to steve to fix, do we need to buy the power button and equipment too? Or do we just send in our phone. 

connor1186: What temp do you run your hot air station at?

superfastk92: IamKambodian method did work for me if you just need a temporary fix. Most of us there's no way we could successfully resolder on that switch

Mike Stevens: Just ordered a HTC Evo 4g lte, to replace this piece of worthless piece of junk. After my experience with the Galaxy s2, I will never buy another Samsung product again.

tbobreak: hi steve, i give away the gold paths, so i try to look for continuity points, so i find one, thas correspond to the pin next to two components , i guess tha are 2 resistors, so left de other, can you help me? 

Skjsrel: Great video. Was able to fix using conventional soldering iron with extreme patience(have a lot of soldering experience). If you are not an experienced solderer, pay someone the $40 and I guarantee you won't regret it. It's money we'll spent. If you haven't soldered before, you'll spend more than that on the supplies.

ramirezjose026: can you fix my att galaxy s3? I have the same problem, my power button doesnt work

SneakSlash: Is it possible to fix it with soldering iron equipped fine tip?

AlinaMarie21: Hi steve! What is the address to where i ship my phone to? How much will it cost me? I have no insurance on my phone and i would like to have it shipped back between 3-5 days. Hope to hear from you again. Thank you! Have a nice night! 

Nancy Beebe: I found it now. Not sure why it wasn't showing up earlier. Thanks!

hjcho17: I'm having the exact problem with my galaxy s2. i was wondering if you could fix my phone? What would be the price be? Please message me or reply back to this. Thanks, and the video was very helpful in identifying my problem .

AllYouHearIsSwoosh: how much is it for you to perform this procedure?

keywar1991: could you please write down all the tools that you used , my english is not that good to understand everything and i thinks this would be a good chance to get some skill fixing thing thanks a lot for the video. you just got a new customer :)

steverrada: If you are skilled and practiced in surface mount soldering then you should be able to perform this repair with a conventional contact soldering iron. If not, then I would think twice about attempting this repair yourself. I don't think it is worth damaging the whole phone over one botched soldering job.
Rating:
Samsung Power Switch Repair Fix Replacement Galaxy S2 t989 4.8 out of 5

Featured Video

How to Insulate Walls

Samsung Power Switch Repair Fix Replacement Galaxy S2 t989