Dangerous, CFLs, Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs Burning, Catching Fire.

People Who Liked This Video Also Liked

Dangerous. CFLs. compact fluorescent light bulbs burning. catching fire.
Dangerous. CFLs. compact fluorescent light bulbs burning. catching fire.
Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb CFL spontaneous combustion
Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb CFL spontaneous combustion
CFL Light Burned My Home Plus Fire Destruction Photos
CFL Light Burned My Home Plus Fire Destruction Photos
Radioactive CFL Light Bulbs
Radioactive CFL Light Bulbs
The Dangers Of Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs
The Dangers Of Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs

Did this video help you?

motormaxi1000: Super danger 5 grams of MERCURY dust in your home :(

c3pfett: Ben Hutchinson. I hope your house burns down from one of these crapy bulbs. Just had one here in north America literally blow flames out of it. But hey, it's only a few peoples houses that burn. Jack ass

c3pfett: Love some of the posts here. Ben Hutch

Kathleen Madsen: The exact same thing happened to me about an hour ago.  Searched the entire house trying to figure out where the awful electric fire smell was coming from with no success.  Then I came back into the living room and my reading lamp was off so I removed the compact bulb and it looks exactly like your picture....NEVER using these again!!


mattokc: I'm watching this video from a hotel room, where my family and I are staying nw. Want to guess why? A CFL bulb's electronics actually burned through the base of the bulb and ignited a fire that destroyed our living room and ruined the rest of the house with smoke, and killed our pet cat. We'll be out of our home for 5-9 months. When looking for the fire cause, the investigator pinpointed the origin and asked, "Did you lave a lamp there?" I said we did. He said he was certain it was the cause. When we found the lamp in the rubble, the CFL bulb base was blow OUTWARD, not melted from external fire, exactly where he located the point of origin. 

Robert O'Toole: That just happened to a GE lightbulb in my house. Event after five minutes after taking it out it was still hot and leaking gas. I put it in a bucket of water to cool down. Expensive, supposedly high quality. Dangerous.

Steve Savage: CFL's are supposed to have internal fusing, but with every one of them made in China, you see a lot of hand-soldering done there and mistakes are made.

regilio marto: happened to me 5 times already!!!

Tyler Effinger: This just happened to a Sylvania 23W 120V bulb that I had in a normal socket in my bathroom.  Flipped the switch, heard a weird crackling sound, looked up and saw thin smoke streaming from the fixture.  Immediately turned off the switch and removed the bulb.  

This is SCARY!!!!  What would have happened if I left the room with the light on?!?!  I'm really curious now, and I might find a safe test area to try this out.  I could easily see this catching a lamp shade on fire if left long enough. 

Dean Bruckner: Same thing happened to me this evening. SYLVANIA 30W 120V 60 Hz DF30EL/TWIST with code G505 stamped on it. I'll be removing all of these from my house and ordering regular incandescent bulbs from Canada if I need to.
This once again shows that politicians in Washington DC are incompetent to make decisions like this for all Americans. They can't even pass a budget or keep from spending money like drunken sailors, and they tell us which kind of unsafe light bulbs we must have in our house? Ridiculous!
Dean Bruckner, Ph.D., P.E., Electrical Engineer

Chilly Dippers: If that bulb was sold in North America then it won't burn. I dare you try and get it to catch fire with a blow torch. Yes is will melt and stink, but when you remove the torch the plastic will will extinguish within seconds.

Anthony Catalano: It happen to me also.

Vanessa Lopez: That happen to me not that long ago. In fact more like an hour and a half ago. The smell of it burning was really bad. It took us a while to figure out it was the CFLs from my desk lap. 

mysynthesis: The amount of mercury in a single bulb is not enough to be dangerous unless you directly consume (eat) it. If you break 100 of them, that's a different story. Clean up is pretty simple - dustpan and broom, and optionally using duct tape to pick up small fragments. Some people suggest airing out the room, which is advisable but not crucial as the same amount of mercury can be found in a can of tuna fish.

billio steam: Wow so many " Same thing happened to me" posts.Well let me just say I have been using these bulbs in my houses for over 15 years .Started using them when they first came out,and NEVER had any problems ! Make sure they are UL certified, and you won't have a problem .

Maria Teresa: So, after throwing my air conditioner out of the window thinking it was spewing toxic freon, I noticed a bulb had burned out at the same time. When I checked out the bulb, a day later to replace it, I notice the smell came from the bulb, which looks like yours, but worse. I will never buy these again. Thanks for the video, and for assuring me that my problem was not as grave as I had thought. I had previously thought it was an overburdened circuit, and thought I needed an electrician. Thanks

HeadacheVillain: This same situation just happened to me and my gf except it was the light bulb in our socket in the ceiling fan above our bed which is the most flammable thing in our apartment.

John Strickland: Go back to incondescents, let LEDs prove themselves and come down in price. Btw, when they burn up sometimes the bulbs crack releasing mercury vapor and contaminating your house. The government is demented for pushing these things and not putting cleanup instructions and warning symbols on them. Last time I checked the warning symbol was a green leaf lol

David Micklow: You can always get an LED bulb. They're expensive but they're so much safer than CFLs and incandescents. And they last way longer.
Dangerous, CFLs, compact fluorescent light bulbs burning, catching fire. 5 out of 5

Featured Video

How to Insulate Walls

Dangerous, CFLs, compact fluorescent light bulbs burning, catching fire.